What is a UTM URLs?
Urchin Tracking Module (UTM) is a simple code that helps you to track a source, medium and campaign name. This help us to identify all these information through Google Analytics.
Simply, It creates a custom tracking code to track your campaigns.
Is it trustworthy?
Yes, It is a 100% tool we can trust.
How can you create a custom URL?
- Visit Campaign URL Builder.
- Website Name : Add the campaign website.
- Campaign Medium: My campaign objective is get more impressions and I will run the campaign for CPM. So I will add “cpm” as the medium.
- Campaign Name : I will mention “blog_article” because my add is about one of my blog article. Make sure not to use space and If you want use “_”
- Campaign Term: It is not to add a campaign term but since I have lots of categories in my blog to identify the campaign traffic clearly I will add “SEO” (I am promoting one of my SEO related blog article”.
Now what you have to do is for the adwords destination URL use the generated code.